Search Recipe

Thai Crab Curry Recipe

I love Thai food!

Having lived in Thailand for more than 4 years, I developed my fondness for Thai food. Fortunately, my hubby Boq has a penchant for the same.

Since I have now learned my way into the kitchen, I would like to experiment on Thai cooking especially on some of our favorites. For a start, I prepared Thai Crab Curry. In the days to come, I will be posting more Thai recipes.

Thai crab curry is one of our favorite Thai food. I checked a couple of Thai cooking tutorials and found out that it is not that hard to prepare it.

Thai Crab Curry

One setback in Thai cooking is that it involves a lot of ingredients and some are usually unique to Thai cuisine. Some of the original ingredients for the crab curry were not easy to find in the market here so I made do with whatever was available. The result was good especially for a first-timer but I know that I can still make it better next time.

Frying Crab Pieces

Here is the recipe for the Thai Crab Curry.

Ingredients:
½ kilo fresh crabs, wash clean
1 tbsp. Thai curry powder
1 stalk celery
2-3 stalks spring onion (scallions)
1 large onion (preferably white onion)
2-3 pieces red chili, sliced
2-3 tbsp. oyster sauce
½ tsp. ground pepper (preferably white ground pepper)
2 pieces egg
1 to 2 tbsp. Thai chili paste (preferably roasted Thai chili paste)
1 cup evaporated milk
Cooking oil

Chili Paste, Milk ang Egg Mixture

Cooking Instructions:
1) Combine the chili paste and the milk then beat in the egg. Mix thoroughly then set aside.
2) Remove crab shell then cut the crabs into pieces. Separate large claws and crack them including legs.
3) Heat oil in a large wok or deep pan then fry crabs pieces until done.
4) Add Thai curry into the wok.
5) Pour in the mixture of chili paste, milk and eggs.
6) Then add oyster sauce, celery and spring onions. Sprinkle with pepper. Mix well and continue cooking until done.

Preparation and cooking time: 45 minutes
Serving size: 2-4 persons

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape